Anafi, on the highest cliff of Aegean Sea
An island that has been untouched by mass tourism, with wild beauty and changing sceneries. If you want a taste of it while still in Athens, visit Anafiotika, a tiny neighborhood just below Acropolis that was built from workers that came from Anafi. Enjoy both mountain and sea activities with all available routes and cheap ferry tickets to Anafi through Let’s Ferry.
White Church in Anafi island
The top 3 Anafi attractions
• Chora is just 2km away from the picturesque port of Agios Nikolaos. Wander around the panoramic village with the stone-paved alleys and the old windmills. If you start late in the afternoon, when you reach the top, you will see the remains of a Venetian Castle with the deepest purple and orange colors in the background.
• Kalamos is an impressive monolith rock which is 480m high, the second biggest in the Mediterranean after Gibraltar. In the same area you can visit the Monastery of Panagia Kalamiotissa which was built more than 500 years ago. Drakontospilo, a cave of unique beauty with gold and green formations, will awake Indiana Jones in you!
• The first town of Anafi was situated on Kastelli hill where there are still some remains of old mansions, the historic chapel of Panagia Dokari and a marble sarcophagus of the Roman period.
Church in Anafi island
Did you know that in Katelimatsa’s sea bottom lies a sunken ancient port? Discover that and so many more by booking cheap ferry tickets to Anafi at letsferry.com
Panagia Dokari in Anafi island
The top 3 Anafi activities
Life in Anafi during June and July is much more enjoyable and slower than during busy August.
• How much turquoise can you take? Enjoy swimming at Flamourou, Katsouni and Kleisidi with its shallow waters and Mega Potamos. The five-star beaches of Anafi are Mikros and Megalos Roukounas with a long coastline and powder golden sand.
• Trekking through the designated and non-designated trails. Most visitors choose to walk from Chora to the Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi.
• People from all over the world gather to the famous rock of Kalamos to write off climbing from their “things-to-do-before-you-die” list.
Beach in Anafi island
Tip: From the 20th of July until the 8th of September, there are many festivities in the island with the most popular being the traditional feast of Yakinthia. Book cheap ferry tickets to Anafi through Let’s Ferry and mingle with the locals to be part of the island’s life.
Information about the port of Anafi
Passenger routes connect Anafi to Piraeus three times a week. There are trips to Santorini every day and regular connection to other Cycladic islands.