Bari, a vibrant port in the Adriatic Sea
With its high student population keeping the vibe alive, the city is one of the most important economic centres of southern Italy as well as a famous tourist destination. Discover the dazzling port of Apulia with cheap ferry tickets to Bari through Let’s Ferry.
The crystal blue waters in Bari
• The Basilica di San Nicola is one of the first churches in Italy built by the Normans.
• Very close from here you can see the Cathedral Church of San Sabino (Cattedrale di San Sabino) and a crypt, the Museo del Succorpo della Cattedrale with remains from the Roman era and the ancient Christian Basilica.
• The Archaeological Museum of Bari (Museo Archeologico di Bari) has more than 30.000 exhibits, including Greek vessels.
• The Palace of the Seat (Palazzo del Sedile) is next to the Column of Justice (Colonna della Giustizia) at Mercantile Square.This column was used for public ridicule and punishment to those with debts.
• The Petruzzelli Theater (Teatro Petruzzelli) is one of Italy’s most impressive theaters.
• The Castle of Bari (Castello Svevo) mainly hosts art exhibitions.
• If someone in Bari exclaims “Bread and Tomato” they are not referring to actual food but to the popular beach called Pane e Pomodoro, an urban resort with blue waters.
• Golden sand close to an ancient city is the scenery in Monopoli, 45 km from the port. Have an amazing experience and swim in Cala Porta Vecchia, right below the city walls.
• Lama Monachile is a pebbled, crystal beach lying between two tall cliffs. It’s located 50 km from the port.
• Walk at the Lungomare Nazario Sauro promenade that looks over to the Adriatic Sea and features plenty of shops for food or coffee.
• Travel to Alberobello, the village with the iconic conical roofs (trullo), which has been declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It’s 54 km from Bari.
• Go trekking or cycling at the National Park of Alta Murgia, 40 km from the port.
Tip: You can reach Bari by car, train, plane or boat. Practice on sunbathing, the local sport of the Italian city and book cheap ferry tickets to Bari at letsferry.com.
Information about the port of Bari
Bari is connected to Vlora, Durres, Igoumenitsa, Corfu, Kefalonia and Patras. The facilities you will find at the port are free Wi-Fi, ATM, taxi, buses, car rentals, tourist information office, café, restaurants, shops, and paid parking. The new port is for passenger ferries.