Corfu, the countess of West
Valleys, flamingos, pastitsada and a medieval city awarded by UNESCO. Discover the island of the Phaeacians with cheap ferry tickets to Corfu through Let’s Ferry.
The small island Pontikonisi view with blue waters
• The old Town is a medieval settlement and an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• The 8th century old Fortress and the 16th century new Fortress stand out for their imposing architecture.
• Ionian Academy, is the first University of Greece.
• The Bell Tower of Annunziata, the remains of the Catholic Church of Lontsiada.
• Achilleion Palace which was built for the Empress of Austria, Sissy. It’s located in Benitses, close to the Sea Shell Museum.
• There are plenty of museums to explore. Don’t miss: The house of the National Greek Poet Dionisios Solomos turn to a museum, Mon Repos Palace and the Mansion of Ioannis Kapodistrias which hosts some of his personal belongings.
• Spianada Square is the largest in the Balkans. At the end of it, you will find Liston, a pedestrian street with buildings influenced by French architecture.
• The well-known Mouse Island or, as locals call it, Pontikonisi. It’s the most recognisable landscape of Corfu with many trees and the Byzantine Church of Pantokrator. Visitors can reach the islet with boats from the Kanoni bay.
The historic center of Corfu, the Liston Square
Book easily online cheap ferry tickets to Corfu through Let’s Ferry. Pick them up at home or at the port.
The bay of Palaiokastritsa
Secluded bays surrounded by green mountains and loud seaside bars with tourists from all over Europe. Here you will find a beach for every type of traveler.
• Canal d’ Amour is the most photogenic beach of Corfu. Beautiful coves, rock formations and a narrow canal with emerald waters. Next to it, you can swim to a long sandy beach, Sidari.
• Palaiokastritsa is a gem with 2 capes, a port for private boats, hidden bays and dazzling night life. It’s also a perfect diving destination.
• Myrtidiotissa is an unspoiled beach with powder sand and transparent waters.
• Issos is known as the “Sahara of Corfu” with some amazing dunes and the cedar forest that ends where the water starts. It’s a windy spot, perfect for windsurfing. Next to the beach you can find the Korission Lake which is protected by NATURA 2000.
• Corfu is a top destination during Easter as it has many traditions and special celebrations. Botides, the pot-smashing custom, is the most famous one.
• Visit the three Diapontia Islands: Mathraki, Erikoussa and Othonoi. Vido is another islet, just across the Old Fortress.
• Indulge to the local cuisine with tasty recipes like bourdeto, pastitsada, sofrito. Kumquat is the trademark liqueur of Corfu.
Canal d’ Amour is the most photogenic beach of Corfu
Tip: The island is a big economic and administrative center. It is connected to Patra, Igoumenitsa, Zakynthos and Kefalonia. You can also travel to and from the Italian ports of Bari, Brindisi and Venice. Explore the Venetian culture in a natural landscape full of green and blue shades with cheap ferry tickets to Corfu through Let’s Ferry.