Ermioni, an island on the shore
The seaside village of the Argolis region feels like you are on an island of the Saronic Gulf. Discover this most elegant port by booking cheap ferry tickets to and from Ermioni with Let’s Ferry.
The port is very close to some of the most famous attractions of the Peloponnese. Add these to your list:
• The Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus. Don’t miss the opportunity to watch a play at the best-preserved ancient theatre that was built in the 4th century B.C. The acoustics are unique.
• The Asklepieion of Epidaurus. One of the biggest sanctuaries of ancient Greece is located next to the theatre.
• Ermioni Toy Museum. You will get the chance to see toys from past centuries until today.
• Ermioni History and Folklore Museum. It is hosted right where the Third National Greek Assembly was held.
• Archaeological site of Mycenae. Thousands of tourists visit these historic monuments annually. Be one of them!
• Visit Nafplio, the first capital of Greece and, for some, the most romantic city of the country.
• The Venetian Castle of Thermissia, which was built in the 12th century B.C. You will find it 10 km away from Ermioni, at the village of Thermissia. This is a fisherman village where you can swim at a lovely lagoon and indulge in some delicious seafood.
Noisy, secluded, hidden, pebbled, Ermioni has the perfect beach for every kind of traveller:
• Lepitsa is a tropical sandy beach with shallow blue waters. This makes it ideal for families.
• Kouverta is sandy with sunbeds and a beach bar.
• Dardiza is a pebbled beach with a small canteen where you can buy everything you need for a long day at the beach.
• Enjoy walking at Bisti, a peninsula covered in pine trees. Wear a bathing suit under your clothes just in case you want to swim in one of its hidden bays.
• Diving or snorkelling is the best way to explore the hidden treasures of the Argosaronic Gulf. The oldest shipwreck in the world (from 1500 B.C.) was discovered in Dokos, an islet between Ermioni and Hydra.
• Trekking at Katafyki gorge. A green landscape with an old bridge and the historical church of Saint Nicholas, built in 1740. According to mythology, the caves at the gorge were the entrance to the underworld.
Τip: You can drive or take a local KTEL bus from Athens towards Kranidi. Ermioni is 180 km away from Athens, about a 2.5 hour-drive.
Get into the summer mood and book cheap ferry tickets to and from Ermioni through Let’s Ferry.
Information about the port of Ermioni
Ermioni is connected to Piraeus, Porto Heli, Hydra, Poros and Spetses. The facilities you will find at the port of Ermioni are free Wi-Fi, ATM, taxi, car rentals. There is also a free parking area.