Kilini, a balcony to the Ionian Sea
Castles, thermal springs and endless sandy beaches. Discover a mainland port that gifts its visitor with the best sunsets by getting cheap ferry tickets to Kilini through Let’s Ferry.
• Kilini in the early years had a different name. It was called Glarentza and it was a fortified city, the remains of which can be seen at the Castle of Glarentza.
• The house of the famous novelist Andreas Karkavitsas in Lechaina. Visit Agios Dimitrios square where a bust statue pays tribute to the writer.
• The Monastery of Vlacherna and its Franko-Byzantine church, a few kilometers away from the port.
• Chlemoutsi Castle, built in the 12thcentury, has been declared as a Monument of Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.
• Ancient Olympia and its gorgeous nature is just a one-hour drive from the port.
• Kafkalida, a small island that you can reach by boat. Visit the remains of the old Christian church as well as the lighthouse, which was built in 1906 and stands 15 meters tall.
The must-visit beaches
• Kounoupeli has transparent waters and a sandy coastline that is connected to a rocky islet, which you can easily walk to.
• Agia Marina at the village of Douneika in Amaliada offers a great range of water sports.
• Kourouta is one of the most socially vibrant spots in the area with many shops and hotels.
• Golden Beach is a five kilometer sandy beach next to the Castle of Kilini.
• Experience a rejuvenating mud treatment at the Thermal Springs of Kilini. In ancient times the springs were well known for their healing treatments for skin diseases and rheumatisms. Today you can see the ruins of the Roman Baths. The distance from the port is a mere 6km.
• Trekking from the port towards the Chlemoutsi Castle.
• Visit Kaiafas Lake for water skiing and rowing, as well as strolling around the forest of Strofilia. The lake is 75 km away from the port.
Tip: You can drive or take a local KTEL bus to Kilini. The driving distance is 285 kilometers and the journey from Athens takes about 3.5 hours.
Find out the best route that links you to the Ionian and book cheap ferry tickets to and from Kilini through Let’s Ferry.
Information about the port of Kilini
Kilini is connected to Zante, Kefalonia and Ithaki. The facilities you will find at the port are free Wi-Fi, ATM, taxi, KTEL station, car rentals. There is a spacious free parking area and many shops.