Kissamos, the jewel of Chania
Unspoiled landscapes and picturesque villages are some of the hidden gems at the seaside town of Chania, also known as Kasteli. Discover them with cheap ferry tickets to Kissamos through Let’s Ferry.
The Balos Beach will impress you
Historical attractions :
A lot has changed in Kissamos since when it was the port of Polyrrhenia, an independent city which had cut its own currency. This coastal town has plenty of sites to share:
• Kasteli is a name delivered from the stunning Venetian Castle located on a hill.
• A unique geological phenomenon is Komolithi, tall dunes made of soft clay, located at Potamida, next to the Blind River valley.
• The Archaeological Museum of Kissamos hosts many interesting artifacts from the Prehistoric times to Early Christian years.
• Maris Fountain can be found at a stone paved alley, close to Skalidis street, the former historic retail center. The fountain has been running continuously for hundreds of years.
Book online cheap ferry tickets to Kissamos through Let’s Ferry. Pick them up at home or at the port with no extra cost.
Underwater fishing is must do in Kissamos
High adrenaline activities
• Swimming at the… Cretan version of Bali, the exotic Balos Bay. Rent a boat to visit the islets of Gramvoussa.
• Underwater fishing next to Caretta-caretta turtles at the tropical beach of Kedrodasos. A small paradise is in short distance from there: shallow, pink-shaded waters and sparkling sand, an ideal scenery for snorkeling.
• Trekking at the gorges of Kissamos: Sirikari, Stomio and Topoliano.
• Diving into the gulfs of Kasteli and Falassarna, especially for the beginners.
Falasarna beach with crystal blue water
Tip: Travel directly to Kissamos from Piraeus, Gythion, Kythira and Antikythira. If you want to visit other cities of Crete, there are frequent local bus services. Book low-cost ferry tickets to Kissamos at Let’s Ferry.
Information about the port of Kissamos
Boats to Kissamos run from Piraeus and Gythio. There is a ferry service to Kythira and Antikythira.