Lipsi, a secluded paradise waiting to be discovered
Lipsi, also called Leipsoi, is an island complex with 30 islets and rocky peaks, located between Patmos and Leros. Discover the island where goddess Calypso charmed Odysseus, with cheap ferry tickets to Lipsi through Let’s Ferry. Travel to mythical Ogygia, indulge into exotic sceneries and spend sine quiet, peaceful, crowd-free vacations.
The small harbour in Lipsi island
The top 4 attractions
Lipso, the main island, is a mesmerizing settlement with 700 inhabitants. You can explore the whole island in only a day, without a car. Don’t miss:
• The remains of Ancient Acropolis at the top of Kastro, at the highest point of the island.
• Nikiforeio Ecclesiastical and Folklore Museum at the main square. Local costumes, embroidered utensils and crosses from the 16th century are exhibited there.
• The Church of Madonna of Death(Panagia tou Harou). It was built in 1.600 by monks from Patmos. This church is very popular because of the rare and miraculous icon of Virgin Mary holding Crucified Christ in her arms and it’s celebrated every August. In this 3-day feast, locals serve grapes and sweets for free. Rumor has it that the same miracle happens every year: Withered lilies bloom again by the 23rd of August!
• The Ancient Settlement in Kouselio hosts impressive remnants of the settlement that rose between Classical and pre-Christian era.
Crystal blue waters in Lipsi Island
It has never been easier to book cheap ferry tickets to Lipsi-just click letsferry.com and pick them up at home or at the port with no extra charges!
The top 4 activities
• Swimming at the virgin, secluded beaches of Lientou, Kambos, Hohlakoura, Monodendri and Plati Gialo.
• Snorkelling in the islets which you can reach by fishing boats. The Natura protected complex of Lipsi has rich and rare flora and fauna and is a natural shelter for the Mediterranean monk seal.
• Trekking to the highest point of the settlement of Lipso, the Aravis mill.
• Diving in Makronisi, a majestic little island with the amazing marine life and its many underwater caves.
Diving in Lipsi island
Tip: The island is proud of its local wine. Rumor has it, that it is one of the Vatican’s most favorite varieties! The three-day Wine Festival takes place every year in the end of the summer. Find all the available routes from Patmos and Leros and low-cost ferry tickets to Lipsi through Let’s Ferry.
Information about the port of Lipsi
Passenger routes connect Lipsi to Piraeus. Daily routes connect Lipsi to Patmos and there are regular trips to Leros, Agathonissi, Ikaria, Kalymnos, Rhodes and Samos.