Marmaris, a port for yachts
The city is on the Aegean Sea and belongs to the Mugla province. It’s a busy yacht marina and an important connection of the Turkish mainland to Europe. There are many water parks and the area is a popular tourist resort, with many restaurants and hotels.
If you want to travel to Marmaris by boat, visit Let’s Ferry.
Attractions in Marmaris
• Marmaris Castle (Marmaris Kalesi) was built in the 16th century. The castle also houses the Archaeological Museum (Arkeoloji müzesi).
• The Hafsa Sultan Caravanserai (Hafsa Sultan Kervansarayı) was built in 1545 and took its name from the Suleiman’s mother.
• Visit the Grand Bazaar Marmaris (Kapalı Çarşı), the famous indoor market where you can buy souvenirs, and if you feel like it, you can negotiate the price!
The Marmaris Castle
Beaches in Marmaris
• The Marmaris Halk is the public beach, very close to the port. It’s sandy with sunbeds and beach umbrellas.
• The beach next to Marmaris Halk is Uzun Yalı. It’s organized and very busy during the summer.
• The Icon is sandy with small pebbles. It’s organized and you can get there by car or bus.
• İçmeler is one of the best beaches in Marmaris. It’s at a picturesque gulf, it is organized and you can find many cafes and restaurants around.
Beach in Marmaris
Activities in Marmaris
• Swim next to beautiful, friendly dolphins at the Dolphin Park Yunuslarla Terapi ve Eğlence Merkezi.
• Experience an original Turkish bath at the Armutalan Hamamı. You can also have a swim at the outdoor pool.
• Spend a few hours with your kids at the Marmaris Burunucu Macera Parkı. It’s a wooden, seafront theme park.
• Book a tour at Pamukkale Cotton Castle (Pamukkale Travertenleri), an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy a swim at the thermal pools that are made of travertine, a limestone rock. It’s 250 km from the port.
Access to Marmaris: You can reach the port by car, plane, ferry or bus. Dalaman’s airport is 95 km from the port.
Ephesus is 215 km from the port. The journey Marmaris – Ephesus is 3 hours by car.
Dalaman is 90 km from the port. The journey Marmaris – Ephesus is 1,5 hours by car and 2 hours by bus.
Izmir is 264 km from the port. The journey Marmaris – Izmir is 3 hours by car and 5 hours by bus.
Only in Marmaris: Explore Günnücek, the Marmaris National Park. Here, is the only place in Turkey, where you can see the tree “sığla”, also known as günnük or sweetgum. China and the USA are some countries where this tree can also be found. In Turkey, the only place that this tree grows is at the coastline of the Mugla region, right where Marmaris is.
Information about the port of Marmaris
The port is connected to Rhodes. The journey Marmaris – Rhodes by boat lasts an hour. For info, routes and ferry tickets to Marmaris, visit Let’s Ferry.
Facilities at Marmaris port: Free Wi-Fi, ATM, taxis, WC, WC for the disabled, tickets office, waiting lounge, restaurant, café, luggage storage, paid parking.
Useful phones, Marmaris
Port: +90 252 413 02 30
Hospital: +90 252 412 10 29
Police: +90 252 417 82 35