Oinousses, escape to a green paradise
A group of 1 inhabited and 8 smaller islets in the Aegean Sea, very close to Chios, is the perfect destination to relax and explore nature at her best. Far from mass tourism, Oinousses, the main island of the complex, is the ideal, laid-back destination. Discover untouched nature with cheap ferry tickets to Oinousses through Let’s Ferry.
Best of sight-seeing
The monument of the unknown sailor
• The Monument of the Unknown Sailor. The main island is also known as Aignoussa and it holds a long naval tradition. At the square of Naftosini there is a statue to honour the foregone sailors.
• Maritime Museum of Oinousses. The maritime tradition of Oinousses during the past decades can be seen through some remarkable exhibits like nautical instruments, paintings and ship models.
• The Mermaid of Aignoussa. A bronze mermaid who wears a crown and holds a sailboat welcomes the guest at the port entrance.
Best of beaches
The island of Inousses
• Agios Ioannis, the concrete pier at the edge of the beach is the best setting to improve your diving skills.
• Unorganized, secluded, with a sandy beach, it’s the place you need for a relaxing day by the sea.
• A long sandy coast with a small marine for boats.
• Protected from the strong winds.
Sandy beach in Inousses island
• Stroll around the whitewashed alleys to see the well-preserved captain’s mansions.
• Rent a boat to explore the rest of the islets such as Panagia, Gaidouronisos, Vatos, Pontikoniso, and Prasonisia. Explore and swim their crystal blue waters.
• Indulge in local cuisine. Try the mastelo white cheese, the island’s super sweet honey and delicious octopus! Don’t miss the high-quality wine produced at the local wineries.
Green island with a small tavern
Tip: Cars are banned here, so you can either walk or take a sea taxi. Visit the most elegant island with cheap ferry tickets to Oinousses through letsferry.com.