Palma de Mallorca
Palma de Mallorca, the queen of the Balearic Islands
It's the biggest port in the Balearic Islands in Spain and one of the most important cruise stations in the Mediterranean. Palma, formerly known as Palmeria, is the capital of Mallorca that smoothly combines culture with a laid back lifestyle. The city is famous for its courtyards and their special architecture.
If you want to travel to Palma de Mallorca, you can easily book online ferry tickets here at Let’s Ferry.
Attractions in Palma de Mallorca
• The circular Castle Castell de Bellver is near the port. It was built on a hilltop in 1300.
• At the Castle you will find the History Museum of the city (Museo de Historia de la Ciudad de Palma de Mallorca).
• The Fundació Pilar i Joan Miró is an Art Museum with temporary and permanent exhibitions. From 1950 to 1980 the painter and sculptor Juan Miro was using this space as his workshop.
• At the Aquarium of Palma (Palma Aquarium) you will see a big shark tank as well as many ocean fish species.
• The Catholic Church Basílica de Sant Miquel de Palma is one of the oldest in Palma.
• The Cathedral Catedral-Basílica de Santa María de Mallorca has an amazing sea view. In 1901 the famous architect Gaudi was hired to renovate the Cathedral but he quit in 1914.
• The Palau Reial de l'Almudaina is a palace that the Royal family uses in several circumstances.
The Catholic Church Basílica de Sant Miquel de Palma
Beaches in Palma de Mallorca
• Cala Major has shallow, emerald waters and is near the port. It is secluded but there are some restaurants and cafes in the area.
• Playa de Palma is popular, kids friendly, with many water sports facilities. On this 6 km long beach you will find many restaurants and bars.
• Playa Ciudad Jardín is sandy and organised, with free parking and drinking water.
• Cala Punta Negra is small and isolated, with crystal waters.
• Playa de Palmanova is a kilometre long sandy beach with playgrounds and coffee shops.
Activities in Palma de Mallorca
• Spend a refreshing day at the Western Water Park. The Far West themed park has water slides and floating games.
• Walk around Parc de la Mar, the gem landmark of the city. It's a famous park with trees, benches and a lake. There you will also the Cathedral of Malliorca (Catedral de Mallorca).
• Climbing, rope games and zip-line at the TirolinasGo Mallorca Forestal Park.
The Castle Castell de Bellver
Access to Palma de Mallorca: You can reach the port by car, ferry or bus. Palma's airport is 15 km from the port. There is a bus that connects the port to the airport.
Alcudia is 65 km away. The journey Palma de Mallorca to Alcudia is almost an hour by car.
Palma de Mallorca to Valencia is 8 hours by ferry.
Palma de Mallorca to Ibiza is 2 hours by ferry.
Palma de Mallorca to Barcelona is 6,5 hours by ferry.
Only in Palma de Mallorca: Some of the biggest sailings events in the Mediterranean take place at the port of Palma. La Copa del Ray is an annual event at the end of July to the beginning of August. Regata Palma Vela and the Trofeo Princesa Sofía Mallorca in April. Also the Ciutat de Palma Trophy takes place in Palma.
Information about the port of Palma de Mallorca
The port is connected to Valencia, Barcelona and Ibiza.
Facilities at the port of Palma de Mallorca: Free WiFi, ATM, taxis, tickets office, WC, WC for the disabled, waiting lounge, luggage storage, cafe, paid parking.
Useful phones, Palma de Mallorca
Port: +34 971 228150