Paxi, a floating olive grove
The smallest of the Ionian islands has a long coastline, olive trees and natural fjords. To see this colorful landscape, book cheap ferry tickets to Paxi with Let’s Ferry.
The small village Lakka in Paxi island with the crystal waters
The top attractions
• Gaios is the main port and the vibrant capital of Paxos. Afternoon is the perfect time for a visit to the Museum of Paxos. It is housed in a neoclassical building of 1905 and hosts very significant exhibits.
• A Venetian castle can be found on the highest part of the islet of Agios Nikolaos, in the entrance of Gaios port.
• Loggos, is a romantic cove with cafes and taverns. Visit the remains of the old oil and soap factory as well as the Church of Zoodochou Pigi.
• Lakka is a picturesque village, famous for the sea cave of Hypapante. The round shaped gulf is the perfect shelter for sailboats and yachts as it protects them from strong winds. The Lighthouse of Lakka offers an instagrammable sunset.
The island is packed during August. Chose the beginning or late summer to enjoy it crowd-free. Book in advance low-cost ferry tickets to Paxi through Let’s Ferry.
The top activities
• A must do in Paxi is visiting the exotic beaches:
- Erimitis is a sandy beach with emerald waters.
- The islet of Mogonisi is connected to Paxi through a small bridge. The beach is sandy with shallow waters.
- Monodendri is well-organised and offers sunbeds, a restaurant, a café and natural shade from the trees that reach the coast.
- Kipiadi is the largest beach in Paxi, but it is quite secluded.
- Kaki Lagkada has impressive blue waters.
• Enjoy sailing to crystal waters and hidden bays. Every year many vessels… fight for a free space to anchor in the port of Gaios.
Sea cave Tripitos in Paxi island
• Explore the island with a small boat to discover the numerous sea caves. The most famous are Ortholithos, Tripitos and Blue Cave.
• Visit Antipaxos island, a small paradise with the stunning beaches of Voutoumi and Vrika. You can spot their Caribbean, like color even from a plane!
• Heal your body and soul at the thermal springs of Gianna, Ozias and Glyfada.
Tip: Although it’s a small island you might need a car. On the island there is a pharmacy, a medical centre, gas stations and an ATM. There are taxis, sea taxis and local buses. The Greek version of Maldives is waiting for you! Just grab your swimsuit and cheap ferry tickets to Paxi and go!
Information about the port of Paxi
Passenger routes connect Paxi to Igoumenitsa and Corfu.