Poros, so much, so close!
Short trips are the meaning of life and one of them is travelling to a green, volcanic island very close to Piraeus, by booking ferry tickets to Poros with Let’s Ferry.
The picturesque port of Poros
What to see
Ιts privileged location – just a short trip from Piraeus - is not the only reason to visit Poros. Its romantic atmosphere, great history and tradition, will make you return again and again.
• Stroll around the amphitheatrically built town of Poros to see the traditional buildings and drink your coffee by the sea.
• The Clock Tower is the symbol of Poros, located on the highest spot of the island. Let yourself go in one of the best sunsets of the Argosaronic Gulf.
• Visit the remains of the Russian Dockyard which has been declared as a historical monument and leads to a beautiful, secluded beach.
• Explore the Ancient Temple od Poseidon at Palatia, on the northern part of the island.
• Taste the local wine in one of Poros’ wineries.
The sunset in Poros island
Travel with cheap ferry tickets to Poros through Let’s Ferry. Book online and have them delivered at home or pick them up at the port.
Paragliding activity in Poros island
Sports in Poros
If you are a sports lover, don’t miss the multiple activities that the island offers all year long:
• Hiking and cycling in the pine forest of mount Vigla and Profitis Ilias. When you reach the top, take a deep breath and enjoy the view of the isle of Bourtzi.
• Askeli is the most famous and cosmopolitan beach of the island, ideal for paragliding, banana tubes, water ski, etc. You can also take scuba diving lessons at the certified diving center.
• The turquoise waters of Monastiri and Vagionia are the perfect spot for fishing.
• Love Bay is as romantic as it sounds. Clear, emerald water, white pebbles and pines ending at the coast offering you the perfect natural shade.
• Horse riding in Lemon Forest is a hill full of lemon trees, stone watermills and beautiful paths.
Lemon Forest in Poros Island
Tip: You can reach Poros by car, taking a small boat from Galatas bay, but booking a ferry ticket at Let’s Ferry, will save you a two and a half-hour road trip. Specially if you chose a flying dolphin that will literally “fly” you here in just an hour! You can then rent a car or take a taxi to move around the island.
Information about the port of Poros
Passenger routes connect Poros to Piraeus several times a day while the trip lasts roughly an hour.