Porto Heli, the ideal jet setter port
At the edge of Argolis, there is a glamorous spot with luxurious hotels and untouched natural beauty. Discover this amazing port and book cheap ferry tickets to Porto Heli through letsferry.com.
What to see
• The ancient city of Halieis lays between the villages of Porto Heli and Kosta. Temples, a stadium, pottery and terracotta objects are some of the findings you can discover here. Other remains such as the ancient port, the acropolis and the colonnade of the Apollo temple, all lay under the sea.
• Elli’s Tower is a prominent traditional mansion that follows the rules of gothic architecture.
• Franchthi Cave is where the oldest human skeleton in Europe was discovered. You can reach the cave by boat from the fisherman’s village Kilada, 13 km from Porto Heli.
Where to swim
• Agios Aimilianos: Found on the southern cape, this beach is right across Spetses island. Visit the chapel of Agios Aimilianos and swim around the private bays hidden between the luxurious villas of the area.
• Kosta: A pebbled beach with shallow waters that has been awarded a Blue Flag. Spetses is only 1.5 miles away, so close and tempting enough to simply swim to the island.
• Kounoupi: There aren’t any shops or sunbeds here, the waters are shallow and the access is difficult. However, this unspoilt paradise will reward you with its energy!
• Ververonda Lake: A narrow bay, almost like a lake. Enjoy water skiing and snorkelling in an amazing natural scenery. The waters are thermal, so migrating birds often find shelter here. The lake is part of the “Corine Biotopes” European network.
• Hinitsa: The perfect beach for water sports such as SUP and wind surfing. It has been awarded with a Blue Flag for its crystal clean waters and its great facilities.
What to do
• Dive and discover the underwater treasures of the ancient city of Halieis.
• Organize a kayak tour to explore each and every tiny bay and secluded beach of the area.
Tip: The driving distance from Athens is 175 km, and from Nafplio 78 km. You can reach Porto Heli by car or take a KTEL bus from Athens to Kranidi.
Visit the Riviera of the Peloponnese with cheap ferry tickets to Porto Heli through letsferry.com.
Information about the port of Porto Heli
Porto Heli is connected to Piraeus, Ermioni, Poros, Spetses and Hydra. The facilities you will find at the port of Porto Heli are ΑΤΜ, car rentals, taxi, covered waiting area. There are some small free parking areas, a playground and many shops.