Sitia, the most authentic Cretan port town
Gorges, ancient settlements and exotic beaches are waiting to be discovered in this amphitheatrically built city of Lasithi region. Visit the birthplace of the great poet Vincenzo Kornaros by booking cheap ferry tickets to Sitia through Let’s Ferry.
Amazing landscape in Sitia
4 must see attractions
As soon as you reach the port of Sitia you will feel the Minoan, Venetian and Byzantine aura. Before you set off to the rest of Lasithi, spend some time to Sitia to:
• Learn all about its rich history and take a close look to the amazing golden and ivory statue «Kouros of Palaiokastro» at the Archaeological Museum. Don’t miss a theme tour in the Minoan settlement in Palaiokastro and the Minoan Palace in Zakros.
• Explore the Richtis canyon, located at Exo Mouliana. A bridge works as a natural entrance to this beautiful gorge where you will be amazed by the landscape and the waterfall. The Gorge of the Dead in Kato Zakros is accessible year-round, and despite its threatening name, it’s very safe even for young children.
• Visit Toplou Monastery and its museum at the cape of Samonio where apart from religious items you can find exceptional local organic products like wine, tsikoudia (strong alcoholic beverage served in shots) and olive oil!
• Visit the captivating island complex of Dionisades, located 10 miles from Sitia, home of the Mediterranean Hawk.
The Holy Monastery of Toplou in Sitia
Vacations are never enough in Sitia so be prepared to change your ticket many times. Chose a flexible booking with cheap ferry tickets at letsferry.com. Pick them up at home or at the port with no extra cost.
Climbing in Sitia is must do activity
4 must do activities
• Enjoy swimming in emerald waters and if you feel more adventurous, try water ski, jet ski, water sofa and crazy octopus at Vai, the only exotic palm forest in Europe.
• Climb on Spathi, the highest summit of Oros Dikti with a stunning view to Cretan and Myrtoan Sea.
• Hike through the Gorge Hohlakion which ends at the secluded beach of Karoumes – perfect for a refreshing swim.
• Dive or enjoy snorkeling at the crystal waters of Erimoupolis, to see the ruins of the underwater ancient city of Itanos.
Sitia beautiful beach with clear waters
Tip: There are direct routes from Sitia to Piraeus and the journey lasts 20 hours. Enjoy a pleasant and relaxed trip in one of the available cabins that you can book along with your ferry tickets to Sitia through Let’s Ferry. There are also direct routes from Sitia to Santorini, Milos, Anafi, Kasos, Karpathos and many more Cycladic and Dodecanese islands.
Information about the port of Sitia
Passenger routes connect Sitia to Piraeus and Heraklio. Frequent routes to the Cyclades and the Dodecanese take place.