Spetses, so far from reality, so close to Piraeus!
Only a short ferry trip from the port of Piraeus, surrounded by the magnificent Argosaronic Gulf, the car-free island of Spetses (or as the Venetians called it “The Island of the Aromas”) is an ideal destination for a weekend getaway. Find now all the available routes and book your ferry tickets to Spetses online through Let’s ferry.
The picturesque port of Spetses island
Lose yourself in Greek History
Spetses hold a special connection with the heroes of the Greek Revolution in 1821. Walk around the island and discover the hidden treasures, cannons, anchors and labels that tell the stories from that period.
• Dapia, the island’s cosmopolitan port, is a buzzy area with chic retail stores, stylish restaurants and traditional sea-side coffee shops.
• Rent a horse carriage and enjoy a ride from the old harbor to the emblematic Anargyrios and Korgialenios School.
• Visit Bouboulina Museum, the home of Lascarina Bouboulina, a heroine of the Greek War of Independence.
• If you haven’t had enough of the island’s history, visit Spetses Museum, located in the Mansion of Hatzigianni-Mexi.
Spetses have beautiful historical buildings
Click at letsferry.com, choose multiple routes in just a single booking and start exploring the rest of the Argosaronic islands with a cheap ferry ticket to Spetses.
Spetses have many small boats
The sporty place to be
The only means of transportation in Spetses are bicycles and horse carriages-a remembrance of the island’s glorious past!
• Small boats, sea taxis, and summer free-buses, will take you to the secluded beaches of Agia Paraskevi and Xilokeriza.
• The popular beach of Agioi Anargiroi is organized with sunbeds and beach bars. You can also enjoy water sports like water ski, kayak, banana boat ride and windsurf.
• Apart from Armata, the famous annual event with spectacular fireworks, there are some popular running events taking place like Spetses Marathon and Tweed Run.
Armata is a graphical event in Spetses island
Tip: You can also take the boat to Spetses from Ermioni, Hydra, Porto Heli and Poros. Find the most convenient route for you and book affordable ferry tickets to Spetses at letsferry.com. Pick them up at the comfort of your home or at the port!
Information about the port of Spetses
Passenger routes connect Spetses with Piraeus daily. There also are frequent connections to Hydra, Poros and Ermioni.