Thessaloniki, the quintessential port
There are thousands of reasons to love her and her fan base is beyond the typical popularity rate known for destinations. History, delicious food, a vibrant mood, the laid-back lifestyle… what’s not to love? Travel to an iconic harbour with cheap ferry tickets to Thessaloniki through Let’s Ferry.
• The White Tower, built in the 16th. It has circular shape and it reaches the height of 34 meters. These days it houses the Byzantine Museum and its top offers the best views of the Thermaikos gulf.
• The city has a rich history and culture, therefore it is full of museums. Jot down the Museum of Modern Art-Costakis Collection, the Museum of Photography, the Ataturk Museum of Thessaloniki, the Folklife and Ethnological Museum of Macedonia and Thrace, and the Cinema Museum.
• Rotunda. This site has seen days as a paganistic monument, a Christian church and a mosque. In 1988, UNESCO included it in the World Heritage Sites list.
• The Castle of Heptapyrgion. Also known as Yedi Kule, located on the Acropolis of Thessaloniki.
• Kamara. The arch of Galerius is one of the most typical meeting points of the city.
• Perea. Follow the popular choice for locals who want to swim and enjoy a meal by the sea. Located 22 km from the city center.
• Epanomi Shipwreck. Explore a hidden beach, just 35 kilometers from the port, and the famous shipwreck sank in these waters in 1970.
• Touzla. Very close to the suburb of Nea Michaniona, this beach has an island-like feel and setting and has beach volley courts for some adrenaline release.
• Axios National Park is one of the most important wetland systems, as it houses many rare flora and fauna species.
• The City Zoo has a free entrance!
• Stroll around Aristotelous Square, Tsimiski Avenue and the area of Ladadika to enjoy tasty local bites.
Tip: You can reach Thessaloniki by car, plane, KTEL bus or train. The distance from Athens is 500 km. The car or train journey lasts about five hours, by bus it is six and by plane a mere 50 minutes. The distance between the port and the train station is one km and from the airport 16 km.
Explore the Nymph of the Thermaikos Gulf with an online reservation for cheap ferry tickets to Thessaloniki through letsferry.com.
Information about the port of Thessaloniki
The port is connected to several islands and mainland ports: Ikaria, Samos, Alonnisos, Limnos, Mytilene, Mykonos, Syros, Skiathos, Skopelos, Fourni, Chios, Mantoudi and Peiraeus. The passenger’s port is between the gates one and two. The facilities you will find at the port are free Wi-Fi, ATM, taxi, car rentals, KTEL bus, info kiosk, duty free shops, protected waiting area, local bus stop. Parking is by payment.