Vlora, enter the Albanian Riviera
This city harbor, the former capital of Albania also known as Vlore, was built by the ancient Greeks, and it is where the Adriatic and the Ionian Sea meet. Travel to a beach resort with cheap ferry tickets to Vlora through Let’s Ferry.
Beach at Vlora city
• Kanine Castle (Kalaja e Kanines) is a byzantine castle built in the 3rd century BC, 6 km from the port.
• Zvernec is a village with rich natural beauty, 13 km from the port, rich in lakes and small green islets. The Byzantine church of St. Mary is on one of them and it is connected to the shore with a wooden bridge.
• In 1912 the Albanian Declaration of Independence was proclaimed in Vlora. The Independence Monument at the city centre and the National Independence Museum at the port, were built to honour this historical moment for the country.
The square of Vlora
• Lungomare Waterfront is a boulevard very close to the port, with palm trees, hotels and sandy bays.
• Zvernec serves a beautiful sunset, just 13 km from the port.
• Vlora is the beginning of the Albanian Riviera which reaches Saranda, a city at the borders with Greece. Some of the best beaches are Ksamil, Palase and Dhermi.
Crystal clear waters in Vlora beach
• The Lagoon of Narta is a protected wetland for migrant birds like flamingos and Dalmatian pelicans.
• Rent a boat to visit the Cave of Haxhi Ali in the Karaburun Peninsula, one of the protected natural monuments.
• The Llogara National Park is located 36 km from Vlora, on the Ceraunian Mountains. Rich forests and a long coastline create wild natural scenery that is home for deer, golden eagles and many more species.
Central square in Vlora city
Tip: You can reach Vlora by car, taxi or bus. The capital of Albania, Tirana, is 160 km away and so is the airport. Explore the third biggest city of Albania with cheap ferry tickets to Vlora through letsferry.com.
Information about the port of Vlora
The Albanian port is connected to Bari and Brindisi. The facilities you will find at the port are parking, Wi-Fi, boat rentals.