Alonissos, a destination for nature lovers
It’s the quietest of the Sporades island complex. This tropical oasis surrounded by emerald waters, remains untouched by mass tourism. Book cheap ferry tickets to Alonissos with Let’s Ferry and explore a charming island.
The underwater museum of Alonissos island is a must do activity
• The port of Patitiri is surrounded by rocky formations covered in greenery. Visit the Historical and Folklore Museum to see exhibits from pirates’ ships.
• The Alonissos Underwater Museum opened in 2020 and it’s the first of its kind in Greece. Divers can explore an underwater kingdom and see the famous Peristera shipwreck from the 5th century B.C. as well as 4000 amphoras.
• The National Marine Park of Alonissos is an important NATURA 2000 marine park aiming to protect dolphins, Mediterranean monk seals and their natural habitat.
• Picturesque Old Village has exceptional architecture and stone-built houses. The Medieval Castle offers the best view of the orange-shaded Aegean Sea during sunset time.
• Kastanorema gorge starts from the village of Kastania and runs through a rocky landscape. It’s an unmissable and totally safe experience.
• The islet of Kira Panagia, also known as Pelagonisi is uninhabited and considered by many as the ancient Alonissos. The 12thcentury built Monastery of Kira Panagia can be the ancient olive press and a restored flour mill are the spots to see. Don’t miss the chance to swim at the amazing beaches of Planitis and Agios Petros.
The waterpark of Alonissos has different species
Join the traditional threshing every July and connect with the past. Just book cheap ferry tickets to Alonissos through Let’s Ferry and pick them up at home or at the port.
Top beaches in Alonissos island
• The beaches of Alonissos are THE place to be and a very good reason to visit the island.
• Tzortzi Gialos has a beautiful scenery with green and blue colours.
• Kokkino Kastro is a natural color palette of red, golden, blue and green.
• Crhisi Milia is ideal for water sports like scuba diving.
• Rousoum Gialos is very close to the port and Votsi is next, a hidden beach with shadow-offering trees.
• Agios Dimitrios is a photogenic beach with white pebbles. Rent a boat to visit the neighboring islet of Peristera and the dramatic scenery of Blue Cave.
• In Pebbled Megalos Mourtias and the secluded Mikros Mourtias the waters are so clear that you can even see (and avoid!) every little sea urchin lurking in the rocks.
• Gerakas Beach is the place for snorkelling and underwater fishing.
Snorkelling in Alonissos island
Tip: There is an ATM, a medical center, taxis and a frequent network of local buses. Live top experiences in a low budget island with cheap ferry tickets to Alonissos through Let’s Ferry.
Information about the port of Alonissos
Travel to Alonissos from Agios Constantinos or Volos. There also are regular connections between Alonissos and the other Sporades islands, Skiathos, Skyros and Skopelos.