Karpathos, paradise on a budget
Imposing mountains, picturesque villages and sandy beaches are waiting to be discovered at traditional Karpathos, the island of contrasts. Choose a low budget destination, book cheap ferry tickets to Karpathos with Let’s Ferry and try web check-in to travel without delays.
Karpathos island in an awesome view
Three steps to the island’s exploration:
If you choose to travel car-free, you can rent one in Karpathos or move around with the local bus or even better, on a boat.
• The capital and harbor of Karpathos, Pigadia where you can find the prominent buildings of “Eparheio” and the Archaeological Museum to delve deep into the island’s history.
• Vounos, the stunning rock overseeing the town, is beautifully lit up at night.
• Traditional Olympos with its 70 windmills is a designated World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Other beautiful villages to visit in Karpathos: Mesohori, Aperi (old capital of the island), Othos, Foiniki, Volada, Menetes.
• The most photogenic church of Karpathos, Kyra Panagia, with the red dome, located at Aperio, at the point where sand ends and sea begins.
• There are plenty of churches of fine architecture around the island, “Koimisi” at Menetes and “Ipapandis” church in Arkassa have unique murals.
The famous Church of Kyra Panagia in Karpathos island
Live the adventure of the ...Karpathian nature
Legend has it that people of Kalymnos grabbed the Olympian gods and brought them to the island. After that their name became “Arpatheoi” (Gods’ abductors) and over time this turned into “Karpathians”. No wonder that this island has a touch from gods!
• The second port of the island is Diafani where you can rent a boat and visit the uninhabited islet of Saria which is under the protection of Natura 2000.
• Afiarti and Agrilao potamos beaches are perfect to practice on your wind and kite surf skills.
• Ahata is ideal for scuba diving and underwater fishing while in Ammopi you can set up a beach volley tournament.
• More than 50 hiking paths of 200 km length are waiting to be explored. To make it easier, download a mobile hike application to organize and map all the available routes.
Karpathos Island with blue waters
Tip: There are many ferry connections from Karpathos to the rest of Cyclades and Dodecanese. It’s just a stone’s throw away from Kasos and the exotic islet of Armathia. The trip from Piraeus is quite long but it can be a pleasant experience.
Book low-cost ferry tickets to Karpathos through letsferry.com. The island hopping at Aegean Sea has just started!
Information about the port of Karpathos
There are three ferries weekly to Rhodes and Piraeus. Ferries stop at Halki, Kasos, Sitia, Agios Nikolaos, Milos and Santorini.