Koufonissia, the most exotic place to be
The exotic twin islands of the Small Cyclades complex is the definition of relaxed holidays. Everything is within a walking distance here. But even before that, make your holiday a fun experience by booking cheap ferry tickets to Koufonissia through Let’s Ferry.
View in Koufonissia island
5 things you must see
When in Koufonissia, be prepared to change your return ticket maybe more than once. Many people think that even this tiny paradise can get boring, however you will need at least four days to explore some of its hidden treasures!
• Chora, a picturesque Cycladic neighborhood with an vibrant night life. Two windmills, the Folk Museum and blue-roofed churches decorated with icons that pirates signed, are some of the island’s most vivid story tellers.
• Keros, a small islet at a short distance from Koufonissia which is a protected archaeological site.
• The Feel like a pirate in the old days and hide at the Caves of Xylobatis, Gala and Devil’s Eye.
• An idyllic beach which is as photogenic as Navagio in Zakynthos.
• The local food. Fresh seafood is the signature dish of Small Cyclades, especially crayfish and lobster pasta. But the real tasting experience is the mouthwatering mushroom pie.
Koufonissia's beaches with exotic crystal waters
Paradise beach on the Island of Kato Koufonissi
5 things you must do
Snorkelling in the crystal waters of Finikas and Fanos beach.
Κite and wind surfing at Pori and Platia Pounda, on windy days.
Pounda beach in Koufonissia
Swimming at “Pissina”, the most famous natural pool, a rejuvenating experience!
Sailing at Kato Koufonissi which is uninhabited but has some beautiful islets with turquoise waters. Check out the Maldives-looking beaches of Panagia and Nero.
A bike tour of the island.
Sandy beach, Pori in Koufonissia
Tip: Every Saturday at spring bank holiday, locals celebrate the annual Fisherman’s day where seafood and rakomelo (a strong alcoholic beverage mixed with honey) are served for free. Saint George is the patron saint of Koufonissia and his name is honored here on the 23rd of April with a special litany, islanders circle the island holding the Saint’s icon while boats follow their route from the sea. Visit Koufonissia all year around with cheap ferry tickets through Let’s Ferry. Check out the route chart in our site.
Information about the port of Koufonissia
Koufonissia are accessible via the “larger” Cyclades through daily routes while there are regular connections to Piraeus.