Sikinos, hospitality at its best!
Colorful alleys, whitewashed houses, stone paved paths, historical monuments and… exclusive beaches. Travel back in time to the old Cyclades and feel the Aegean breeze in your face. Wander around the white and blue courtyards decorated with prickly pears, geraniums and bougainvillea. Book cheap ferry tickets to Sikinos through Let’s Ferry.
Chora of Sikinos on the hill
The top attractions:
Sikinos has only 260 inhabitants who are not used to tourist crowds, however they are very friendly to every visitor. It is a laid-back destination where you can take a break from the stressing and noisy life. Spend your days discovering!
• Alopronoia is the port of Sikinos, also known as Ano Pronoia. Chora is the capital and Horio and Castro are the two main settlements.
• The patron Saint of the island is Panagia Pantanassa at the Kastro Square. The church is famous for its amazing wooden temple.
• The Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi or Chrysopigi, on the top of Kastro hill, had been the islanders’ shelter hiding from the pirates’ attacks for many years in the past. It will totally worth climbing the stairs to the top as the amazing sunset will reward you.
• The Folklore Museum at Chorio, houses an old oil-press.
• The ancient name of Sikinos, Oinoi, comes from the greek word oinos, that means wine. The island’s long history in cultivation of vines and wine production continues nowadays. Visit the local vineyards to learn more about its exquisite wine varieties!
Beautiful and white the Church of Panagia in the hill of Sikinos
If you want to experience a unique wine tasting, book low-cost ferry tickets to Sikinos through letsferry.com, with no extra charges.
Sikinos beach with sand and blue waters
The top activities:
You will not find any fancy beach bars in Sikinos. But worry not. You will enjoy secluded beaches where you can isolate reading your favorite book next to emerald waters.
• Alopronoia, Dialiskari and Agios Georgios are easy to reach by car, by boat or through a walking path. Most beaches in Sikinos are hidden at sheltered bays and islets like Santorinaiika, Agios Panteleimonas and Maltas, a virgin sandy and pebbled beach.
• Explore the natural cave of Agios Panteleimonas. Its name comes from the nearby chapel. Black Cave is one of the biggest in Cyclades, located in the shadow of the Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi, and it can only be reached from the sea.
• Hiking is a must in Sikinos. Take some time to breathe fresh air hiking through the NATURA 2000 protected areas with rich flora and fauna.
Sikinos beach with the view of small, white houses
Tip: Transportation options are buses and boats. The island has an ATM and a Medical Centre. Make the most of this exotic destination and enjoy a relaxed holiday by booking cheap ferry tickets to Sikinos through Let’s Ferry.
Information about the port of Sikinos
Passenger routes connect Sikinos with Piraeus while frequent connections with most of the other Cycladic islands take place.